Monday 20 April 2015

I’VE LOST MY HALO!

I’ve Lost My Halo!

As if it wasn't enough to master (chief) the console - hit the right buttons, fight giant rats carrying guns, lose my way from one dead end into another, bump into random coffee machines - not to mention that left brain/ right brain manoeuvrability – or lack thereof – and what's with that stale socks smell!   How was I to know there is a whole set of ‘in house’ rules that go with the gaming ethos?

Don’t:
-              Watch the other ‘master chief’s screen and think it’s yours;
-              Make fun of master chief’s name UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!;
-              Get excited;
-              Ask if Master Chief likes cooking;
-              Make fun of master chief’s name UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!;
-              Be so unco that you’re an embarrassment not only to your own son but to every son born to    the human race!!!;


I broke every rule - every single one.
I haven’t had that much fun since my school days.  But I am paying for it now.
I have lost my Halo badge.

And if I want to continue with my byte lights crusades at all, then I have to tone down the mega wattage and behave.  If I want to be allowed back in the gaming room I had to agree and come quietly.  I will be allowed to play something, simple.  My only request was that the new game was not a car race.  My request was met with a lowered brow and an eye glint.  I am worried – very worried.



Did you know that Halo 5 is being released soon? Totally - right!

Apparently – it appears as if – Master Chief gets ‘done over’ in the next Halo makeover!  What – but he’s the main character – you can’t take him away from us – WE HAVE BONDED!

Who do these writers think they are – manipulating characters and plots as if they have a right? 
Umm. I better give that question a bit more thought …


Jasmine Neutron Star is the first book of the Star Ways Chronicles.  It is a novel most suitable for young adult and teenager readers of speculative, fantasy / science fiction, urban fantasy.  It is a humorous account of Jasmine’s first adventure into the world of light – Quanta.  She is a spirem – a new kind of superhero – and perfect for the sphere of Terra.

Keep up-to-date with AJ's madcap adventures by subscribing to her YouTube channel.

Her website can be found at www.ajmcmarson.com

AJ McMarson is a Goodreads Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment